Add other measure values to custom tooltip on table calculation value using chart config override

Hello.

I want to add additional detail to a tooltip in Looker. The chart shows the value for a series which is from a table calculation, and I want the tooltip to show the value for the table calculation as well as one of the measures used in the table calculation. When working with measures I have done this using the html parameter with templating referencing other measures in the view. Since this is a table calculation I was hoping to find a way to do this through the chart config editor. As far as I understand from the documentation found here (https://cloud.google.com/looker/docs/chart-config-editor) and the Highchart API documentation, I am only able to use templates to reference data in the chart configuration (or values in the chart through {y}). Is there a way that I can reference other measures in the same explore from the chart config override? I hope this question is sufficiently clear. Thanks!

0 1 65
1 REPLY 1

Hey - So I suggest raising a Feature Request for this (Within Looker, Top Right Help Section, Product Idea?) and reaching out to your Looker contact. One current work around is playing around with the formatting of the line (without hiding it) by using settings like lineColor: 'transparent' to override the config to hide it from the chart but include it in the tooltip.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors