Missing client secret

I have created an new oAuth 2 Client ID with android as the type under my playstore account.  I am able to see the new client id but the client secret is missing.  I have waited several hours but it is still not there.

Thanks for your help

1 5 2,489
5 REPLIES 5

Hello Danman77,

As per akira from Stackoverflow who answered the post about the same concern you encountered

"

To use the new Cloud console, just click on the message "We are improving the experience. Try the new Cloud Console." Google will ask for a SMS confirmation. Now you'll be redirected to the new cloud console

dionv_3-1677270680943.png

Now, just select your project, click on "Registered Apps" on the left menu, selected your android app, and voilá, on oAuth 2.0 Client Id you'll see your client secret. No idea why on the old google console it's not displayed, but if you really need a client secret key, it's there.

dionv_4-1677270757728.png

Would upgrading to the latest experience interfere with any other processes or apps he may already have in test or production? Could he authenticate by using the Google Play Developer API on the old google console version? 

does my app has to be registered?

I'm having this problem today, with the supposedly new Google Cloud Console... It doesn't fix it. I successfully create an OAuth client for an Android app, and the client secret never appears on any screen, in the JSON file, etc. I have spent hours adding roles and permissions to my account to explicitly give access to client secrets.

My account has the Owner, Editor, IAM OAuth client admin, OAuth Config Editor, Organisation Administrator, Project IAM Admin, Security Admin, and Security Centre Admin roles.

My account also has these permissions: clientauthconfig.clients.getWithSecret, clientauthconfig.clients.createSecret, and clientauthconfig.clients.listWithSecrets).

I have also enabled the Google Identity Platform.

What the heck is going on? Are OAuth client secrets just not available on a free tier Google Console account? Is this not available until my app is uploaded to Google Play and/or verified? Is Google's OAuth client secret generator just not working??? I just want to be able to test Google SSO login with my app, and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be working. It's so frustrating!

Same problem here. Have you found a solution to the problem ?