Labeled barchart based on a measure

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Good morning everyone. Do you think there is a way to create a barchart with Looker that has a Country dimension on the y axis, a Revenue dimension on the x axis and at the end of each bar a numerical value (% delta between current year's Revenue and past year's Revenue)? So in this case the percentage delta would be like a label. 

I tried entering the delta as a measurement and displaying it as a point in the graph. The problem with this solution is that for many bars the value overlaps and is therefore not clearly visible (especially since it is not possible to label only the delta percentage value).

Here is an example of what I would like the final result to be like.
Thanks everyone in advance

Screenshot 2024-05-22 142211.png

Solved Solved
0 2 73
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello There,

To keep the bar style graph and label the delta without overlapping, I think the best option would be to use mix graphical component like this example. 

Considering an alternative visualization option might be worth it as well if you are looking visualize a large volume of data!

visuazliation example.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello There,

To keep the bar style graph and label the delta without overlapping, I think the best option would be to use mix graphical component like this example. 

Considering an alternative visualization option might be worth it as well if you are looking visualize a large volume of data!

visuazliation example.png

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Yes, in the end I also opted for this solution, hiding the line! Thank you so much for your help

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors